The events in the Ukraine are leaving thousands of people struggling with loss and grief. Theoretical constructs to explain the phenomenon of grief from a variety of perspectives help dance movement therapists to develop interventions specifically suited to the issues of their clients. They also can help clients to understand their reactions to loss.
Of interest in this seminar are the following three concepts:
1. The dual process model of grief sees bereavement as a dialectical process oscillating between loss orientation and restoration orientation.
2. The concept of traumatic loss considers how the traumatic form of death or loss complicates the recovery process in core issues and determines what is helpful in therapy.
3. The notion of the politicization of grief considers two malfunctions (pathologizing and nationalizing) and one proactive function (activism) of grief in society, which may affect those who are in mourning.
The webinar will
- introduce the theories and their implications for DMT Intervention;
- present examples of DMT Interventions related to these theoretical constructs,
- some as experientials
- open a discussion of the constructs with the participants